A musclecraft that won’t be muscled out.
If you’re the type who has a huge appetite for power, there’s the GP1300R, Yamaha’s ultimate performance musclecraft. And when we say “musclecraft” we mean a lot of muscle. Featuring a technologically advanced, fuel-injected, 165-horsepower Yamaha Marine Engine, to say the GP1300R is fast would be an enormous understatement.
Then consider that its engine is quieter, cleaner and more fuel-efficient than anything ever offered in an ultimate performance package and suddenly the GP1300R seems more like a phenomenon than a PWC.
So, if passing every other boat in the water is a hobby of yours, the GP1300R was made for you. Because this watercraft was built with one goal in mind – to satisfy those who will settle for nothing less than the most powerful WaveRunner on the planet. Every single component of the GP1300R seems to scream ultimate performance.
If we haven’t made ourselves clear, this is one powerful machine. This WaveRunner is proof that Yamaha has done it again.
Seat Length: 37.4 in./35 in.
The GP1300R is powered by a high-performance, fuel-injected 165 horsepower, three-cylinder, 1296cc Yamaha marine engine. Features include:
- Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI): Computer-controlled, electronic fuel injection system automatically adjusts fuel flow and ignition timing for quick throttle response, maximum acceleration, and improved fuel efficiency.
- Yamaha Engine Management System (Y.E.M.S.): An integrated, computerized management system that controls and adjusts such functions as ignition timing, fuel injection mapping, engine diagnostics and OTS. The OTS function of YEMS activates when the operator releases the throttle lever and attempts to steer the watercraft. This assists the operator in turning while the watercraft is decelerating.
- Traction Control: To manage the awesome power of the GP1300R, Y.E.M.S. utilizes a traction control feature that alters fuel/air mixtures. This system enhances acceleration by reducing prop spin and achieves top end performance by maintaining engine RPM.
- Ceramic-plated Cylinders: Optimal heat transfer, durable, accurate and consistent bore, lightweight.
- Yamaha Loop-charged Combustion: Fuel mixture actually loops as it enters the combustion chamber, which helps distribute fuel/air mixture evenly for better combustion, performance and fuel economy.
- High-performance Tuned Exhaust Pipe and Manifold: The equal flow manifold allows all cylinders to perform equally at peak performance. The exhaust chamber is specially designed to complement the Y.P.V.S. technology.
- Variable Oil Injection: Regulates the fuel/oil mixture to deliver only what is needed at different RPM levels; reduces smoke and oil consumption.
- Corrosion Protection System: Sacrificial zinc anodes protect the engine from harmful galvanic corrosion. Stainless steel fasteners (nuts, bolts, hardware) provide a long service life. Cylinders, cases and heads are all treated with a durable oxide coating to form a barrier between corrosion and expensive engine parts.
The Jet Pump Propulsion System
The GP1300R 155mm Hyper-Flow jet pump with stainless steel impeller is designed to maximize water flow for high performance, while reducing sound. The GP1300R intake cavity and pump configuration provides excellent hook-up and smooth acceleration. Features include:
- Quick Shift Trim System (Q.S.T.S.): Mechanically operated, this system offers instant change in the attitude of the watercraft while underway allowing for tighter turns or quicker acceleration on plane, as the rider prefers.
- Stainless Steel Impeller Housing Liner: For high durability, the liner maintains accurate clearance tolerances between the impeller and the housing.
- High Flow Intake Duct and Grate: The dynamic shape of these items directs water flow into the pump for better thrust, performance and hook up.
- Cooling Water Intake Filter: Filters out harmful debris that could cause blockage of important cooling water passages.
- Pumps are Manufactured with YDC30: A combination of zinc and copper alloys, developed by Yamaha marine engineers, that offers excellent corrosion protection.
The Hull and Deck
The all-new lightweight GP1300R Sheet Molded Compound (SMC) hull and deck is designed specifically for two-person riding and competition. The GP1300R hull is reinforced at critical load bearing areas for durability and strength. Features include:
- Championship Winning, Semi-V Hull: This hull is based on the same design as that of the world champion GP1200R. Its unique variable draft and concave keel design delivers exact handling in al water conditions.
- Yamaha Adjustable Sponsons (Y.A.S.): This system allows the rider to adjust the turning characteristics of the watercraft to either a positive racing set-up or a more recreational feel.
- Integrated Bow Spray Guard: Reduces bow spray for a dry ride.
By employing proven technologies, Yamaha delivers significant reductions in emissions output and noise levels without compromising performance and reliability. These technologies include:
- Yamaha Sound Suppression System: This system of integrated noise reduction components targets the three common types of noise: 1.) intake noise, 2.) exhaust noise and 3.) noise from vibration.
- Yamaha Platinum Plus System: The Yamaha Platinum Plus System is a high-tech, automotive-based catalyst that is artfully integrated into the exhaust system.
For added comfort and convenience, the GP1300R comes standard with the following features:
- Multi-function Electronic Information Center: Provides the operator a quick read on speed, RPM, fuel level, low fuel warning, low oil warning, overheat warning, hour meter, battery voltage, exhaust temperature warning indicator, check engine light with self-diagnostic function and the industry's only audible warning system.
- Skid Resistant Footwells: Provides added traction and comfort.
- Padded Boarding Platform: Provides a stable platform for re-boarding.
- Trigger Throttle Lever: Provides added comfort while reducing hand fatigue.
- Yamaha's Trademarked Visibility Spout: A 10 foot-plus spray of water created to make Yamaha WaveRunners more visible to all boaters.
*Suggested Retail Price (SRP) excludes destination charge. Visit powersports.honda.com to view applicable destination charge amount.